Global specialty re/insurer is looking to appoint a Global Head of Sustainability.
As the Global Head of Sustainability you work with senior management and practice heads to further develop our sustainability policies for implementation throughout the firm’s internal operations, insurance underwriting and asset management activities.
Key responsibilities -
- Develop our strategic framework to ensuring the firm’s position as a progressive responsible insurer consistent to its Core Values;
- Lead the ongoing integration of ESG factors into the firm’s business activities;
- Enhance sustainability metrics and reporting protocols including Scope 1, 2 & 3 carbon emissions;
- Manage the newly formed Sustainability Department with associated budgets and accountability.
Experience & knowledge required -
- Bachelors or Masters Degree;
- Professional qualifications commensurate to experience;
- Practical experience of financial services sustainability landscape including ESG ratings, sustainable finance frameworks, carbon or energy transition markets and/or the measurement of social value and social impact;
- Minimum 15 years professional background in financial services; insurance, asset management, investment banking or related field;
- Experience with corporate governance and operating frameworks to develop policies, procedures, and reporting protocols;
- Working knowledge of major sustainability initiatives such as UN Environmental Programme Finance Initiative, UN Sustainable Development Goals, EU Taxonomy, Taskforce for Climate Related Financial Disclosures, regional supervisory agencies driving climate change policies and regulations, and specialist ESG data providers.
- Ability to engage and motivate colleagues including senior management and insurance practice leaders;
- Strategic development and project management expertise;
- Statistical analysis and data management expertise;
- Strong written communication skills to enhance external statements and positioning;
- Ability to curate and deliver internal ESG training modules;
- Foster and maintain partnerships / membership with external organisations and associations.