A leading Fintech payments firm are looking for a Head of Underwriting to be based in London, managing a small team of analysts.
- Develop underwriting standards that will mitigate risk while enabling revenue growth and by driving profitability opportunities
- Work with product team to build data-driven models to make effective and consistent credit risk decisions
- Ensure underwriting standards are met by developing team members through monitoring, ongoing feedback and training
- Manage the risk of the portfolio by reviewing portfolio performance, taking necessary measures and escalating when necessary
- Build, develop and lead an underwriting team that is resourced appropriately and upskilled continuously
- Develop internal and external relationships, represent organisation in relevant forums to influence the company or industry-wide decisions and developments
- Drive efficiency gains with a data-driven approach through process improvements and automation
- Proven skills and track record in credit risk management, preferably with a significant e-commerce component.
- Data production and manipulation is the base for everything you do - you are an expert in Excel and in SQL
- You have developed automated credit risk decision-making models and loss forecasting in business lending - with proven benefits.
- You have a proven record of improving internal processes, demonstrated by cost reduction and better customer experience
- You are easily dissatisfied with how things are run - you frequently feel the urge to act when someone tells you "this is how we've always done it"
- You have a tremendous sense of urgency tempered by the ability to keep calm under pressure
- You have high energy, are a self-starter with strong leadership skills
If you are interested in this role please apply below or contact me for more information.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.