Eames have the privilege to be working with a technologically advanced and lean multinational insurer on the appointment of a Healthcare Assistant Underwriter to join their market leading team in London
- Assist in the underwriting of healthcare business on behalf of the insurer in accordance with assigned level of underwriting authority
- Ensure underwriting files for business written are complete with all required documentation including pricing models, underwriting notes and product risk assessment documents.
- Assist the portfolio manager and underwriters in their day-to-day responsibilities as required by running portfolio stats, reviewing income projections and other ad-hoc projects clearly identifying exceptions, issues or areas of focus.
- Maintain client and broker relationships to service business in accordance with SBF aims by attending relevant client and broker meetings as required.
- Researching technical US healthcare business and market developments including regular review of market publications and the attendance of presentations
- Keep up to date with all claims matters and have a competent understanding of the portfolio’s performance.
- Experience within underwriting or broking across any line of business
- A desire to learn healthcare insurance business
- High attention to detail
- A proved track record of developing strong market relationships
- Casualty related insurance product knowledge desirable but not essential
- Degree level education preferred
If you match the requirements for this opportunity and are interested then please apply below or contact me for more information.