Established Bank is currently hiring for a qualified accountant with banking finance experience to join their London Hedge Accounting team. This role has been created through an internal move and is an ideal opportunity for a hedge accounting candidate looking for a new challenge or a product controller who is looking to gain treasury finance experience.
- Analysing new trades to determine appropriate accounting treatment under IAS39.
- Identification, designation and documentation of micro hedge accounting relationships.
- Key involvement in strategic projects such as automation, IBOR transition and System Migration.
- Compile daily IFRS P&L reporting.
- Retrospective and prospective testing of hedge accounting relationships to ensure compliance with IAS39.
- Investigation into hedge ineffectiveness on new and existing hedge accounting relationships.
- Ensuring the appropriate accounting treatment of existing hedge accounting relationships.
- Continual assessment of the control environment, involving the design and implementation of control reports where applicable.
- Continual improvement of existing IT processes to enhance the efficiency of the team's activities.
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) with post qualified experience
- Proven experience in a hedge accounting role or product control role working on a Interest rate or FX desk.
- Good knowledge of banking products and the accounting for financial instruments
- Good understanding of IAS 39, especially hedge accounting rules and application - ideal
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills
- Strong academic background - minimum 2:1 degree
This role involves regular interaction with key stakeholders at all levels including the Regional Treasurer and it is therefore essential you have strong interpersonal skills. The position offers realistic progression to a managerial role in the future and a hybrid flexible working environment with 2-3 days in the office.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.