Large Global Bank is currently looking for a Hedge Accounting VP to join their head office team in London. The role has been created as a result of the previous incumbent moving into a project focused role.
- To oversee daily and monthly activities related to hedge accounting books within the UK and Europe.
- Responsible for the hedge accounting activities in the EMEA region, including the advising on the Balance Sheet Management transactions and attending their governance committees.
- Management responsibility of the offshore and near shore teams.
- Take lead on projects related to hedge accounting/processes.
- Identify key areas for process improvements and increase the efficiency of existing processes by re-engineering them as required.
- Interact with all relevant stakeholders (Global Accounting Policy, Asset Liability and Capital Management, Businesses undertaking hedge accounting , local Heading Units).
- Proven experience in hedge accounting role within Financial Services.
- Strong interest rates derivatives/money markets experience
- Strong academic background - minimum 2:1 degree from a leading university.
- Qualified Accountant - Ideally ACA gained from a top 10 practice
- Proven managerial experience - ideally including offshore teams
The role will involve daily interaction with key stakeholders across the business and it is therefore essential you have exceptional interpersonal skills and a strong ability to identify process improvements. This role offers realistic progression to Head of Hedge Accounting or Treasury Finance in the future.
If you are interested in this role please apply below or contact me for more informaton.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.