My Client is looking for a capable, competent individual to join their team and help guide the company’s IFRS 17 process. A new headcount in a global role, the ideal candidate needs to have solid knowledge in IFRS 17, strong English communication skills and be an effective leader with excellent presentation.
Key responsibilities include:
- Delivering specialist accounting advice on the implementation of IFRS 17 and ensure the company complies with the regulations
- Explaining technical policies to an excellent standard and demonstrating the standards relevance to the company’s business lines
- Creating application guidelines on technical subjects that are efficient and support other business lines to implement the policies
- Producing and implementing training processes for the standard to internal and external stakeholders
- Qualified Financial Professional in accounting, finance or actuarial discipline is required, with solid work experience accumulated from Life Insurance companies.
- Prior experience in an accounting policy or IFRS technical accounting role is required.
- Proven ability to deliver high quality analysis, recommend solutions, challenge issues with a critical mindset.
- Excellent communication skills, with proven ability to explain IFRS technical concepts to the local Finance teams, businesses and senior stakeholders.
- Driven by a hunger to learn and deliver, manage through uncertainties, and a can do attitude.
- A team player, able to collaborate with other work streams and to help develop compliant, commercially and operationally practical solutions regarding technical matters.
- Strong influencing and leadership skills, with proven track record to reach consensus on technical topics with a wide range of stakeholders within a given timeframe.
- Skilled in the use of Office software, including ability to deliver impactful written reports and PowerPoint presentations.
- Flexibility to attend meetings via audio or video in a variety of time zones, including early mornings and late evenings on occasion. This can be undertaken remotely and can be planned in advance.