World Renowned Regulator is currently looking for an experienced technical accountant to join their team in London. The role has been created as a result of the current incumbent moving internally in the wider technical team. The role will focus on the delivery of technical accounting projects by conducting research and analysis on technical accounting issues.
- Responsible for developing technical proposals for consideration by the Board and Accounting Standards Committee and presenting these proposals to the Board/Committee Members.
- Strong involvement in preparing a range of documents for internal and external use.
- To act as a credible and authoritative representative of the Board by consulting with a wide range of external stakeholders from industry and the accounting, investment, regulatory and standard-setting communities, in order to ascertain their views and to share information.
- High interaction with other team members and contribute to the development of other staff.
- Manging committees, working groups and any technical administrative matters.
- Qualified Accountant – ideally ACA gained from a top 4 practice.
- Strong and detailed IFRS Standards knowledge, particularly IFRS 17 gained from either industry or practice – essential
- Solid academic background – minimum 2:1 degree from a leading university.
- Experience of accounting for the insurance sector or financial instruments, preferably gained in an accounting policy/technical accounting role
- Demonstrate the ability to analyse a range of complex financial reporting issues.
The role will involve daily interaction with key stakeholders both internally and externally, it is therefore essential that you have exceptional interpersonal skills. The role offers huge potential for career growth offering the opportunity to recognised as a market expert with the IFRS 17 remit across the industry.
If you are interested in this role please apply below or contact me for more information.