Engineering Manager - Modern Workplace & Virtualisation
London or York
Salary up to £110k + bonus + competitive pension
Our IT Services department is dedicated to delivering cutting-edge and sustainable infrastructure solutions tailored to meet the diverse needs of our colleagues. As the Engineering Manager for Modern Workplace & Virtualisation, your role encompasses various responsibilities:
- Oversight of critical infrastructure elements, including server and storage infrastructure, virtual desktops, and application delivery, with a strong focus on security and performance.
- Supervision of the Modern Workplace & Virtualisation engineering team.
- Acting as the Chapter Lead for Modern Workplace & Virtualisation within IT Services, providing guidance and expertise to other teams.
- Developing and managing technology roadmaps aligned with our overarching IT strategy.
- Collaborating closely with our procurement and vendor management teams.
- Working in tandem with architecture communities and review boards.
- Translating requirements and architectural plans into actionable work packages.
- Managing infrastructure policies and standards, including capacity planning.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with primary service consumers, offering technical support.
- Overseeing software licensing and chargeback mechanisms as needed.
- Prioritizing risk assessment and issue resolution within your domain.
- Establishing performance metrics to inform decision-making.
- Ensuring the supportability of services by identifying training needs, maintaining job profiles, and assisting with specialist recruitment.
- Collaborating with the Heads of Product within IT Services to facilitate the smooth transition of new services.
- Proficiency with enterprise datacenter server hardware, VMware vSphere, Microsoft Windows Server/Client operating systems, Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops, FSLogix, Microsoft Intune, Application Packaging, Commvault Backup, Pure storage, and Microsoft 365 E5 client technologies.
- Management experience - for this role you will be leading a team of around 10 people
Advantageous Technical Skills:
Familiarity with HPE hardware, Brocade FC switches, SolarWinds, Turbonomic, Red Hat Linux, Altiris, Zerto Continuous Data Protection, Microsoft Azure, PowerShell, and IGEL Thin Clients.
Strong ability to create compelling business cases and engage effectively with senior stakeholders.
Exceptional communication skills and a proactive, collaborative approach to knowledge sharing.
Over five years of line management experience, demonstrating a track record of engineer development.
Proficient in articulating arguments and comfortable working with diverse teams across the organization.
Equally skilled in considering consumer perspectives while promoting standardization and cost-efficiency.
Self-driven, energetic, and embracing a 'can do' attitude.
Takes a comprehensive view of infrastructure services provision, leaving no stone unturned in ensuring fitness for purpose.
Committed to continuous process improvement and efficiency, with excellent organization and knowledge management skills.
Exceptional at synthesizing disparate information for informed decision-making, even in challenging situations.
Get in touch ASAP to dicsuss - email@example.com
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.