Infrastructure Manager required for a financial services client in Basingstoke
You will be responsible for Azure Cloud technologies, and the migration and consolidation of legacy cloud services (AWS and another Private Cloud). You will run daily checks of all the systems (security, health, capacity and performance). You will run core networks including Meraki switches, Palo Alto firewalls and a company wide MPLS network.
Activities and responsibilties:
- Manage Cloud Infrastructures, Private, DC, Azure, AWS
- Manage Networks, Local LAN, MPLS, WAN, redundancy, resilience,
- Be responsible for the growing collaboration estate, including Teams, 365, Telephony,
- Assist in the recruitment of new team members - building out your team with suitable
- Assist the budgeting and running of the infrastructure department,
- Direct line management of members of the IT team, 3rd Line Networking, 3rd Line Wintel & App,
- Involvement with Data Warehouse projects & MI (Management Information), A program to modernise
- Liaise with all staff within Castle Trust including C level stakeholders and regular reporting & budget
- Work on a range of projects including infrastructure redesign / deployment and continual licensing migrations
- You will lead this technical team and this will involve a range of activities from hands on architecting of solutions, project delivery, troubleshooting and team development.
Key skills and experience:
- Broad range of fundamental infrastructure experience is essential (Windows Server, Networking, Firewalls).
- Good understanding at high level of applications, including underlying infrastructure and
- Cloud infrastructure experience particularly Azure with some
- Experience working with Office 365, Collaboration and Security
- Scaled networks MPLS experience
- Strong management style with experience 1:2:1, appraisals, staff engagement & training
- Financial services background is preferred but not essential
- Presentation skills, reporting, change management, incident
- Kan-ban, ITIL, Prince2 and Agile working methodologies a
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.