This is an exciting opportunity for an IT and Infrastructure Manager, to join a fast-moving and expanding Insurance business. This is a key role and will lead the IT Systems and Infrastructure department. As the IT and Infrastructure Manager you will be responsible for leading the team to ensure the day-to-day IT operations are efficient, resilient and secured in line with relevant sector standards and organisational policies and partnership service level agreements. Please note to be considered for this role you MUST have Insurance industry experience.
The daily responsibilities include:
- Responsible for aligning the IT Strategy with business objectives, implementing and managing the IT Strategic initiatives and deliver world-class service across the Group and to external customers.
- Managing, motivating and mentoring the IT team to deliver an effective and highly regarded level of service.
- Liaising with internal stakeholders throughout the group to understand issues and shape team priorities.
- Responsible for defining strategy for service delivery, infrastructure and cybersecurity, and set short, medium and long term objectives and team priorities.
- Guaranteeing secure, resilient and cost-effective cloud and physical infrastructure across the Group, with particular focus on AWS.
- Leading contract negotiations with a diverse portfolio of vendors.
- Acting as project lead on all internal IT projects. * Responsible for IT service delivery according to agreed metrics.
- Leading on cybersecurity operations, including monitoring, training and incident response. Support and Development, Change & Release Management, Monitoring, Cybersecurity Risks (including Disaster recovery plans etc.)
- Responsible for ensuring the inputs from internal system anomalies are addressed and support data-driven, analytical decision-making.
- Lead on infrastructure changes
- Responsible for maintaining global business processes and IT knowledge necessary to anticipate IT solutions for emerging business opportunity in all supported area. As an IT and Infrastructure Manager you will need the following skills:
- Extensive experience of leading an IT department for high growth or scale-up organisation.
- Strong operating knowledge of ADFS, AWS, Azure, VMWare, O365, SQL Server, Jira, SFTP, Cisco VPN, Network and Infrastructure spread across continents.
- Highly articulate and credible, consistently influencing and delivering inspiring, engaging, and meaningful information regarding future direction.
- Demonstrable ability to build collaborative relationships and solve issues by engaging the right people at the right time.
- Lead the team, accepting responsibility for achievement of business objectives and creating a shared sense of ownership for service delivery. * Engage widely with customers to seek input into setting strategic objectives and identifying new ideas and improved ways of working.
- Demonstrate strong leadership, influence, and accountability for the achievement of results
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, ability to communicate clearly with confidence.
- Demonstrable breadth of technical knowledge around cloud and physical infrastructure, especially on AWS but also Azure and VMWare.
- Experience of developing and implementing strategy.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.