This is an opportunity to join our multi award winning Insurance Consultancy business based in London. This role offers the opportunity to become business analyst and product SME for a bespoke accounting product. The successful candidate will be instrumental in developing the product and have prior experience of API implementation(s). You will join an existing team of 8 people, and an Agile product team of 4 people.
Externally you will support new customer throughout all project phases; from Idea to Initiation, Implementation and Embedding. For existing Customers, you will be the default day to day SME and support our in house account management function for Accounting customers.
- Quickly understand the business issues and data challenges of our customer's organisation and market.
- Communicates effectively with Customers to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions.
- Develop lasting business relationships with Customer personnel. Set and manage Customer expectations.
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen Customer relationships.
- Work collaboratively with the organisation's Account Manager to regularly meet with your customers.
- Support the Sales team with prospective Customer engagements and RFP's.
- Contribute &/or lead Customer relationship meetings.
- Act as a bridge between the Customer and the internal development team. Elicit, analyse and document requirements and specifications and be the conduit to establishing common understanding with the Customer and internal team.
- Prepare/contribute and maintain a variety of project management tools including (but not limited to) High level planning, testing strategies, Change Requests (Azure DevOps), RAID logs and Defects logs.
- Ensures issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved in a timely manner.
Experience / Requirements
- Intermediate or stronger knowledge of the electronic accounting process.
- Prior experience within a similar role.
- London Market Insurance experience - either directly or experience working with a related area, either within a broking business, (re)insurer or related organisation.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office 365.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience of capturing and analysing business requirements.
- Able to evidence a Continuous Improvement mindset.
- Good stakeholder management experience.
- Summary knowledge of electronic accounting options/landscape.
- Summary knowledge of the electronic claims process.
- Experience or awareness of XML, JSON, API's, XML, ACORD standards and webservices.
- Experience with Azure DevOps.
- Operational/process excellence experience with ability to understand and map business processes and influence others to appraise alternate approaches.
- Software & System testing - this may be as a software end-user or as business analyst.
- Ideally has experience with a recognized methodology in particular Agile (or PRINCE2, SSADM).
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.