Our client is a reputable global provider of speciality lines insurance and reinsurance. Service and solution orientated in their approach, they offer their clients underwriting expertise and risk management insights.
Their established Compliance function is seeking an experienced financial crime specialist to join the team. This is a 6 month FTC contract. As the sanctions SME this opportunity will take the group lead in supporting the sanctions compliance framework.
Main responsibilities include:
- Perform enhanced due diligence on sanctions related referrals from the business using sanctions software and other sources of information
- Be aware of new sanctions and regimes changes and adjust process and inform staff as necessary
- Review and clear output from the sanctions batch matching process
- Assist with the maintenance of the administrative controls that support the framework
- Give advice on regulatory matters such as sanctions, financial crime and licensing
- Maintaining the sanctions query log and supporting due diligence
- Updating and maintaining compliance process documents such as batch processing
- Training staff on sanctions and financial crime
- Support the delivery of certain processes into the First Line of Defence
- Provide SME advice and guidance to offshore resource on sanctions matters
- Providing specific monitoring activities where required
- Monitoring MI and KPIs in relations to certain Second Line of Defence activities
- Support the Compliance management team on regulatory matters and compliance related initiatives such as SMCR, IDD, Brexit, Project Canopy, etc.
- Provide support on other matters and processes as necessary
Education & Experience required:
- 5+ years of working in a regulatory role within financial services (ideally insurance)
- Proven track record of sanctions regimes within financial services
- Law degree or higher would be desirable
- Experience in the use of financial crime screening tools
- Good knowledge of MS Excel
- Ability to identify opportunities to implement process efficiency's
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate decisions in a clear and concise manner
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.