A Change Assurance Manager is required within a leading insurance firm to help drive forward some of their most challenging and interesting projects.
What will the role involve?
- Help maintain and develop a strong control environment and assurance over financial reporting
- Identify and advise on all aspects of change, projects and initiatives as directed
- Assist annual SOX planning and compliance
- Identification and management of key risks
- Control oversight and control process improvements
- Assist integration of new entities / ventures / systems and key financial processes into the control environment
- Rationalisation of overlapping and duplicate controls
- Quality assurance and benchmarking
- Remediation of control gaps/deficiencies
- Control performance monitoring and reporting
- Maintenance of up-to-date and relevant process and control documentation
- Query resolution and pro-active liaison with business users
- Undertake deep dives / special reviews as directed
- Able to lead assignments and investigations as required
- Pro-active liaison with internal and external Audit
- Develop junior team members
- Assist preparation of Board and Committee reporting / presentations
What knowledge and experience are we looking for?
- Recognised professional accounting qualification
- General insurance experience preferred
- SOX compliance, Audit and Risk Management knowledge and understanding commensurate with the role is desirable.
- Good understanding of operational systems, processes and controls.
- Business analysis skills / experience would be advantageous
- Analytical, investigative approach with ability to work systematically and unsupervised, to tight deadlines and with multiple competing priorities.
- Pragmatic problem-solver with commercial awareness and a flexible, collaborative approach.
- Self-motivated, organised and able to assimilate, manage and communicate salient details relating to large volumes of information, including technical issues and data.
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Report-writing experience with a high standard of English to Board level is a pre-requisite.
- IT-literate with good numerical skills. Good knowledge of database management.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (particularly Visio, Excel, PowerPoint Word and SharePoint
If this role could be of interest to you, please apply with an up to date version of your CV.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.