Exciting opportunity to join the expanding internal controls team for this forward thinking re/insurance group.
The primary responsibility of the role is assisting the Internal Control Manager to ensure that all our entities comply with all aspects of SOX requirements on an annual basis. This involves assisting with the management of the annual SOX programme including planning, scoping, maintenance of key SOX documentation, design effectiveness testing, remediation of deficiencies and reporting. Working with the Change Assurance team to assimilate changes to SOX processes and update the key SOX documentation accordingly.
In addition, support may be required to manage the wider control framework, including system development, control enhancements and efficiencies. At the direction and discretion of line management, the appointee will participate and, where appropriate, lead on special reviews, deep dives and change initiatives, both within Finance and across the wider Group. It will also be expected that the appointee will share core responsibilities including system and control management and regular reporting.
- Helping maintain and develop a strong control environment
- Identification and management of key risks
- Control oversight and control process improvements
- Assist integration of new entities / business classes and products into the control environment
- Remediation of control gaps / deficiencies
- Quality assurance and benchmarking
- Control performance monitoring and reporting
- Rationalisation of overlapping and duplicate controls
- Providing assurance over financial reporting
- Assisting annual SOX planning and compliance activities
- Process and control documentation and testing
- Query resolution
- Deep dives / special reviews
- Audit liaison (internal and external)
- Helping develop junior team members
Education, Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience -
- Internal Audit or Risk background essential
- General Insurance (Lloyd's Market) experience preferred
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA).
- Good SOX understanding and experience
- Sound grasp of risk management principles and practices
- Clear operational mind-set with first-hand experience of process re-engineering, root cause and business analysis.
- Analytical thinker / pragmatic problem solver
- Ability to deliver against tight deadlines and competing priorities.
- Strong commercial awareness and a flexible, collaborative approach.
- Self-motivated and well-organised
- Able to assimilate, manage and communicate large volumes of information
- Strong written and oral communication skills to Board and Executive Committee level
- IT-literate with good numerical skills.
- MS Office applications (particularly Excel and Visio to advanced or VB level)
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.