My client, one of the top 15 insurers worldwide, is currently seeking an english speaking Claims Handler, for their expanding, international office in Barcelona.
They offer a very competitive salary, company pension, competitive bonus scheme, excellent training and development resources, as well as a completely inetrnaitonal team of Claims Professionals.
As a Claims Handler, based in their Barcelona office, you will form part of a dynamic team of professionals that focus on managing and analysing claims on stand-alone Warranty & Indemnity policies, Directors and Officers policies (including coverage for Employment Practices) issued to SME or large companies, claims on blended policies (E&O, Crime, D&O) issued to Financial Institutions and claims on E&O policies issued principally to Lawyers, Accountants and Architects .
- Review and establish claim files in the claims system
- Prepare coverage positions, explain and defend them via a brokers / client
- Monitor the development of claims and where appropriate assign counsel and manage the litigation
- Prepare reports for Management with respect to reserves, case developments and various claim trends
- Support underwriting team by communicating to them claim trends and developments and assisting them in developing to appropriate underwriting responses.
- Attend settlement conferences
- Ideally two to five years’ experience in handling claims
- Law degree (is a plus but not required)
- Native or fluent English speaker, additional languages a plus
- Good organizational skills and analytical skills
- Willing to take ownership and show initiative
- Good negotiation capabilities and good communication skills
- Problem solving
- Service oriented
- Ability to work well under stress
- Resourceful hard worker, taking pride in work
- Consistent and reliable
- Team player