Investment Reporting Manager - Fixed Term Contract (14m)
We are currently recruiting for an Investment Reporting Manager to join a leading Global Insurer in their highly performing Chatham team. The role will assist the Head of Financial Reporting in the financial accounting and reporting of financial investments. This is an initial 14 month maternity cover and candidates must be available either immediately or within 4 weeks notice.
- Day to day management of the financial accounting close and reporting of financial investments of the Society, including the Corporation and Central Fund segments
- Responsible for the reporting of financial investments included in internal and external reporting, including the Annual Report, Half Year Report and the UK subsidiary accounts
- Responsible for the oversight of the close and reporting over financial investments for International offices and non-UK subsidiaries that are included in the Consolidated Society results
- Document, apply and update accounting policies for financial investments for the Society
- Support the preparation of financial investments data for Solvency II reporting, as appropriate
- Support the preparation of financial investments data for Market reporting as appropriate
- Manage the day-to-day operation of the financial investments reporting team
- Work closely with key stakeholders to ensure an efficient and effective financial accounting and reporting process, including with Treasury & Investments, Financial Reporting, Regulatory Reporting and Member Services
- Ensure compliance with statutory and regulatory reporting requirements
- Responsible for maintaining an effective control environment, including compliance with controls and risk policies, performing/reviewing balance sheet reconciliations and with key stakeholders
- Execute and/or support projects related to financial accounting and reporting; implement process improvements for efficient and effective controls, accuracy or timeliness
- Support the internal and external audit process ensuring information provision and maintenance of documentation in a timely manner and embedding control or reporting recommendations
- Support the wider financial accounting and reporting team as appropriate.
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA) with post qualified experience in industry or practice
- Knowledge of relevant UK statutory and regulatory requirements
- Knowledge of UK GAAP
- Insurance or financial services experience is preferred but not essential.
- Intermediate/advanced Excel user
This role involves regular interaction with key stakeholders across the business and it is therefore essential that you have strong interpersonal skills. The role will involve working three days in the office and has the potential to convert to a permanent position in the future and all candidates must have the right to work in the UK without sponsorship.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.