IT Application Support Team Lead - Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire - (Hybrid) - Permanent - £70K+
I am currently working with a life and pensions company that are looking to grow their team. They are looking for an IT Application Support Team Lead to join their team on a permanent basis. The role will be hybrid working with 2-3 days in the office, along with the role there will also be a benefits package included.
- Hands-on Application Support issue resolution alongside team lead responsibilities for a small team of support analysts.
- Day to day team management and work allocation, taking into account business priorities and available capacity, setting objectives and managing performance.
- Ensure team capability for first-line support across all supported applications and manage second line support from development SMEs or infrastructure supplier.
- Conduct post-incident problem analysis and carry out development to remove repeat problems, engaging SMEs as necessary.
- Take part in assessing application developments readiness for implementation and accept into production on behalf of the Production team.
- Assess the priority of new in-scope work requests and agree timescales for delivery with business owners.
- Review, approve and execute code change in accordance with ULP IT Production Systems - Change Management Policy.
Essential skills and qualifications:
- Technical skills in a Linux and/or UNIX environment (Cobol, C#, C, SQL, PostGres, Security access management)
- In-depth, hands-on knowledge of and experience with enterprise applications.
- Senior Application Support Analyst on multiple applications and packages.
- Proven experience with troubleshooting principles, methodologies, and issue resolution techniques.
- Develop a broad knowledge of programming languages and techniques used by Utmost.
- Able to develop and interpret technical documentation for training and end user procedures.
- ITIL foundation desirable.
- Experience within financial services, preferably life and pensions would be beneficial.
If you are interested in this role, please apply with an up to date version of your CV and I'll get back to all candidates as soon as possible.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.