A market-leading financial services company, who has a strong presence across the globe, is looking for an innovative IT Business Analyst to join their stable team in Hong Kong.
As this is a regional role, you will focus on projects across APAC from start-to-finish, providing concepts from the business and creating the solution.
Support the project team with a daily focus on;
- Interviewing staff in other teams to map out existing processes/practices, document requirements and capture feedback,
- Validating feedback captured to ensure accuracy,
- Challenging programming requests from local business units to validate if it is truly necessary and assessing its priority,
- Drafting initial task/project requirements in Confluence for PM review,
- Running database queries using SQL to retrieve data to support ongoing projects (e.g. issue investigations, solution design, impacted clients),
- Using DB data retrieved to generate reports tracking the impact of projects on business and to identify business areas we may want to improve,
- Assisting PMs in monitoring the implementation progress, tracking and escalating priority issues.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Must be a strong communicator (English is a must). Asian languages are a plus.
- Candidates should be competent at running SQL queries. Competency in other programming languages (i.e. Python/HTML) is ideal. Exposure to report building tools would be useful.
- It’s worth noting that we are a Brokerage run by Software Engineers who create proprietary software solutions to meet our business needs. We automate our operations as much as possible so often place value on efficient problem solvers with engineering & programming exposure. That said, I myself put value on driven, self-motivated, logical achievers that can think outside the box and sell an idea. I will consider candidates from less obvious backgrounds if they have the right mindset.
If you are interested in proceeding with this position, please apply below or contact me for more information.