My client are looking for a Principal Engineer to support the development teams in implementing their next generation insurance platform. Providing technical leadership to their teams, you will influence both the technology choices within our solutions as well as the engineering methods used to achieve this.
Alongside your proven engineering skills, you will have a good understanding of Cloud technologies (AWS & Azure) as well as DevSecOps principles with which to influence technology roadmaps and help mentor our software engineers as they develop their own skills.
You will keep up to date with latest trends, technologies and approaches and share this knowledge appropriately with a wide range of stakeholders to help influence strategy and kepep the company at the cutting edge of engineering practices.
The role will be based in Guildford, however, all of our people are currently working from home and with increasingly virtual teams we do not anticipate a whole-sale return to office working.
You'll have the following key attributes:
- Proven experience of leading and mentoring multiple teams across different geographies to deliver complex software projects
- Track record of collaborating with multiple senior business stakeholders
- Demonstrable focus on continuous improvement
- Excellent communication skills
- High levels of Self-Awarenes
- Extensive experience of software engineering & modern practices (e.g. SOLID, Agile, TDD, BDD)
- Expert knowledge of several of the following technologies (Java, Angular, NoSQL and RDS DBs, REST APIs, Apigee API Gateway, Jenkins, Cloud Services and their management)
- Practical, hands on and pragmatic implementation of secure micro-service architectures on cloud
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.