IT Project Manager (Azure Cloud)
A leading city based insurer requires an IT Project Manager to join on a permanent basis playing a ley role in the IT Department.
IT Project Manager (Azure Cloud) - Role Specifics:
- This Project Manager will play a key role in driving forward the delivery of a cloud transformation piece as a private cloud with Azure is set up as infrastructure is transitioned to the cloud.
- There is also a transition to Office 365 taking place, releasing further additional functionality of Office 365 to business users over the course of the project, as Microsoft Teams is also rolled out.
- The current environment is a waterfall agile hybrid with the longer term aim to move towards more of an agile delivery method.
- This role will undertake a large amount of supplier in resource management when managing project deliverables.
- Key stakeholders in addition to suppliers and other members of IT will include the change management function. This role will be expected to propose solutions and proactively mitigate any challenges as well as updating and managing business processes.
- There is a long term project pipeline in place including data migrations and security pieces amongst others for this role to also take on moving forward.
IT Project Manager (Azure Cloud) Required Skills & Experience:
- This role will require experience of implementing an Azure cloud based solution as a Project Manager or experience of having built the infrastructure. This is an essential requirement for the role.
- Experience of working on the roll out of Office 365 will be highly advantageous for this position.
- Experience of working in an agile environment with daily stand ups will be required for this role. Setting up agile teams would be highly advantageous as the client will be following this delivery methodology moving forward.
- An insurance or financial services background would be advantageous.
- Excellent business process documentation and stakeholder management skills across more business aligned and IT stakeholders.
This is an exciting opportunity with an industry leading organisation, if you have the required skills and experience please send your CV and suitable applicants will be contacted accordingly.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.