An IT resource planner is required within a leading financial firm to help drive forward. The planner will be responsible for providing central coordination and management of departmental resource planning on a look forward basis. The role will review and define a best practice process for capturing resource demand, capacity and planning for the department
What will the role involve?
- Establish & maintain a best practice and scalable resource planning process for the department
- Provide central coordination and maintenance of departmental resource plan that provides advance forecast / visibility to ensure timely & adequate resourcing is in place
- Work with project teams and resource managers across the department to capture resource requirements & plan centrally on an ongoing and look forward basis
- Review demand & capacity across the department / portfolio of work, and based on activities planned & prioritised, build forward looking pipeline of resourcing plan to facilitate timely provision (scope includes all existing resources, contractors and third party vendors)
- Develop reporting and highlight dependencies, constraints and risk for resource requirements, and provide insight to support decision-making through the department's key governance forums and Funding review process
- Working with tools including MS Office and the department's PPM tool to perform reviews, collaborate and communicate with stakeholders
What knowledge and experience are we looking for?
- Review and development of a best practice resource planning process
- Build and maintenance of a central, forward looking and practical departmental resource plan
- Liaise with teams and projects across the department to capture resource requirements, constraints and dependencies on an ongoing basis
- Undertake robust analysis of resource demand & capacity, and provide timely reporting / insight to support management decisions and resource funding processes
- Hands-on support with planning activities for current and new initiatives / portfolio of work
If this role could be of interest to you, please apply with an up to date version of your CV.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.