A growing Investment Manager is looking to appoint a Junior Fund Accountant into its finance team based in Central London.
The firm in question has been experiencing exponential growth over the last four years and have made multiple appointments into the finance team over the course of the last six months.
Heading into the role, you'll get to grips with the basics of fund accounting while being offered the opportunity to undertake a professional qualification, for which full study support will be provided. As you progress through the qualification and get to grips with the nuts and bolts, you'll be able to take on more technical aspects of financial reporting ensuring there is no stagnation and that learning and development is continually ongoing.
In addition, you'll be exposed to the wider workings of the Investment Manager, including insight into the asset management team and how it all fits together.
Key responsibilities include:
- Processing transactions into the accounting software
- Bank reconciliations
- Assisting with the preparation of quarterly investor reporting
- Assisting with the preparation of annual financial statements
- Preparation of drawdown and distribution notices for funds
- Assisting with the production of VAT and Corporate tax returns
- Are currently undertaking or have a desire to undertake an accountancy qualification
- Experience in a junior finance position is preferred although exceptional graduates will be taken into consideration
- Some proficiency with Excel would be useful
- Strong academic background, ideally with a finance and accounting focused degree or the AAT qualification
- Strong interpersonal skills
Organisational culture is highly supportive, with over half of a finance team of over 20 people having completed a professional qualification, you'll be in safe hands from a learning and development perspective.
A competitive salary and benefits package is provided including a discretionary bonus and a bespoke study support package.
Please apply online for immediate consideration or get in touch directly for further information.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.