Exciting opportunity for a commercial focused and proactive compliance professional to join this growing Lloyds broker. This role will provide support the finance director and senior management in the delivery, maintenance, and oversight of an effective legal and regulatory framework for this growing insurance group, while balancing these requirements with commercial considerations.
Key responsibilities include -
- To manage the legal and regulatory requirements of the company arising from the rules of the FCA/Lloyd's and other regulators as
- To oversee the risk and compliance plan to ensure it is managed in accordance with the company objectives and to provide legal and compliance support, guidance, and advice across the business as
- To develop, monitor and maintain adequate and appropriate systems and controls to ensure that the firm meets its legal and regulatory requirements in the UK and its international offices and to regularly monitor and update the systems and controls to ensure that they are performing the function that they
- To stay on top of new legal and regulatory changes and challenges and identify and implement changes to the business strategy and processes as required in response to
- To report progress to the Board and Risk Committee on all key issues on a regular
- Secretary to the Risk Committee to drive the Compliance agenda and assess all relevant issues for the business.
- Produce and keep up to date a compliance manual and compliance calendar to ensure that the group is meeting its regulatory obligations.
- Represent the company to product providers, auditors, suppliers, self-employed agents, the FCA and any other bodies in connection with regulatory
- Adhere to FCA and Lloyd's Principles and ensure other employees do the
- To coordinate the group's legal requirements as required and to review legal contracts and business agreements where
- To oversee the delegated underwriting arrangements as per Lloyd's and FCA
- Respond to any appropriate documents published by the FCA, UK government, Lloyd's of London
- To over-see and manage the Compliance function for our subsidiaries and liaise with international regulators where
- Provide information and solutions to the business on the developments of FCA consultation documents, draft rules published, thematic reviews and final rules and how they relate to the company business.
- To maintain the Group Risk Register in conjunction with the chairman and report this to the wider risk
- To be the Group Data Protection Officer and ensure ongoing compliance with GDPR.
Experience & knowledge required -
- 5 years' experience with a good understanding of general insurance and reinsurance products
- Excellent working knowledge of the UK statutory framework and legislative requirements and their application to insurance brokers
- Knowledge of new regulatory and legislative requirements and current issues facing brokers
- Experience of Lloyd's of London, Lloyd's systems and software and the operation of Lloyd's coverholders
- Lloyd's broker experience
- Legal experience or qualifications an advantage.
- Experience of handling regulatory requirements outside of the UK an advantage.
- Awareness of technology in general required including Microsoft Office suite of
- Understanding of project management methodology an
- Insurance qualification an
- Degree standard of education
- Legal experience an
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.