Exciting opportunity to join the in-house legal function of this specialist insurance underwriter. The role includes responsibility for:
- Providing in-house legal support across all relevant areas, with a focus on - insurance matters including dealing with TPA agreements, TOBAs, binding authority agreements, , policy interpretation, and renewal/non-renewal letters
- Regulatory legal advice to support the Compliance Department o reviewing commercial/IT contracts and employment matters
- Providing legal support for other areas where required, including litigation/claims matters, general commercial queries, corporate and M&A transactions, real estate and operational issues.
- Identifying, analysing and escalating potential areas of concern efficiently and where required, and propose solutions for final approval.
- Reviewing and negotiating BAU documentation, including NDAs, powers of attorney, side letters, contract and policy novation, transfers, assignment agreements etc.
- Developing strong working relationships, and collaborating with, key stakeholders, including the wider business, the Procurement Team, Company Secretariat and Compliance.
- Conducting legal training for the business as required and help maintain/produce know-how templates, guides etc. for the TMK Legal team.
Prior experience and knowledge required -
- Must have legal qualification minimum of 2-5 years PQE
- Private practice experience preferred
- Experience with insurance, and employment matters advantageous
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to build and maintain good relationships
- Professional disposition
- Able to analyse legal and commercial issues and to provide clear explanations of legal matters with solutions-oriented advice
- Able to work unsupervised and on own initiative (although escalating where appropriate)
- A great team player, with a proactive nature and a high performer generally
- Champions company values and works in accordance with the organisational behaviours (including the ability and willingness to speak up where due challenge is required)
- High standard of legal negotiation and drafting skills
- To be aware of, escalate appropriately and comply with the relevant rules and regulations in relation to Financial Crime & Conduct
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.