My client is seeking a personable and ambitious individual to assist the team in growing our Nordics business as an Associate.
The role will require an entrepreneurial approach and willingness to use initiative to learn and improve her/his legal grounding, with the aim of gaining a solid understanding of warranties, indemnities and limitations in transaction documents.
- With access to, and support from the company's wider team’s extensive skill set, the successful candidate will:
- Learn about the M&A insurance market and the risks assumed by the insurance market
- Understand and learn the unique Howden M&A approach to broking which has underpinned our growth across Europe
- Engage with clients and in time run transaction processes from an insurance perspective
- Engage and work together with our specialist tax, environmental, title and litigation teams when placing tax, environmental, title and litigation policies
- Join business development meetings and pitches with investors and legal advisors, and in time run these meetings and develop own client base
- Working closely with senior members of the team on projects and transactions occurring across the Benelux Area
- Developing relationships with both clients and underwriters: Clients would include private equity houses, real estate owners, renewable energy, strategic and trade buyers
Given the bespoke nature of the policies (essentially they are extensions of SPAs) and the complex risks covered, this process requires intellectual rigour and technical expertise. Each deal is unique and an ability to think ‘outside of the box’ is key!
The typical brokerage commission on the policies we place can vary between EUR 50k-500k+ and as such, providing excellent service and client-centric approach is fundamental to what they do.
You would be working in a fast-paced, dynamic and extremely hard working environment.
- Written and oral business fluency in English and Swedish
- 1-3 year experience within insurance brokerage, underwriting or claims handling
- Articulate, personable and willing to meet clients/prospective clients and their advisors to explain our offering The ability to learn, understand and analyse legal documents (SPAs, APAs etc.) and identify the information that will be most key to a prospective insurer
- The ability to learn, understand, analyse due diligence reports, including matters that you may not have come across before on previous transactions
- This role will require you to have a technical mindset, an ability to communicate effectively and show promise of the capability to build strong negotiation skills