A Business Design Manager is required within a leading consultancy firm to work on a contract basis.
Our client is looking for people who are passionate about new ideas and have the creativity, tenacity and skills to help our clients bring them to life.
As a Manager, you will take responsibility for the end-to-end delivery of client engagements, managing teams of consultants and being the first port of call for our clients. You will help shape, sell and ultimately deliver engagements, with exposure to senior client stakeholders up to Director level.
You will not only be developing the recommendations that will ultimately be implemented by our clients, but you will also be a key contributor to the growth of our clients business, by identifying potential opportunities for our services and helping develop new offers and thought leadership to take to market.
- Take ownership for the successful delivery of client engagements, overseeing all aspects over the engagement duration (6 - 12 months+)
- Oversee workstreams and work collaboratively within multi-practice teams, delivering high quality results on projects by generating insight and solutions to our clients' problems
- Draw on your knowledge and experience to create innovative solutions, adapting methods and practices to consistently drive high-quality projects for our clients
- Be vocal within the market to promote our brand and generate the next generation of opportunities to further grow the business
- With guidance from Partners, Directors and Senior Managers, identify and pursue business opportunities, taking ownership on proposals, creating tailored propositions and taking them successfully to clients
- Play an active role in developing the Business Design practice
Skills and attributes
- Excellent written and verbal communication and facilitation skills, with an ability to present robust, evidence-based solutions to clients succinctly and creatively
- Excellent innovation, problem-solving and structured thinking skills, able to generate insight and committed to delivering high-quality solutions which exceed expectations
- An analytical and logical mindset, with an aptitude for identifying and articulating the reasoning behind your recommendations
- Ability to structure and manage complex workstreams
- Ability to build effective, long-lasting relationships with clients
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent professional qualification
- Extensive work experience, ideally within external or internal consulting, business design and / or strategy, helping clients to think through challenges and implement solutions that accelerate growth
- Building and leading high performing teams of 3 - 5 resources to deliver measurable results that achieve client outcomes, from shaping deliverables through to client presentation and sign-off
- Defining strategy, undertaking business planning and visioning
- Managing relationships with senior stakeholders (up to Director level)
- Writing compelling client proposals which turned into sold work
- Putting in place the right project structure and governance to ensure client outcomes are achieved successfully
- Knowledge of design thinking techniques and the ability to solve complex business problems with simple, industry-suitable solutions
- Robust knowledge and experience in delivering one or more Business Design offerings including:
- Customer and go-to-market strategy: customer segmentation, market assessment, proposition development, pricing strategy, channel and distribution strategy, customer analytics
- Business model innovation: business model design, business case development, innovation strategy, innovation management
- Front office operating model: marketing, sales and service transformation, business architecture
If this role could be of interest to you, please apply with an up to date version of your CV.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.