A diverse and inclusive global private equity firm is seeking to appoint their first dedicated in-house Valuations expert; an ideal first move for a Manager from the Valuations team of a large global accounting, advisory or consulting firm. The fund has significant legacy in private equity and would be regarded as a mature and seasoned investment firm, with around 50 portfolio companies across all industries and sectors; very much a CV enhancing 'brand name' fund.
- Acting as the firms Valuations lead which will include management of the quarterly valuation process, encompassing all interactions with external valuations experts, deal teams and presenting to Investment Committee/GP board
- Management of portfolio company data collection and analysis
- Management of systems for the above and driving change and improvement in processes and use of technology
- Annual carry valuations (working with external experts)
- Fund projections and forecasts and working with the wider finance team to provide better business information to management and to internal co-investors and/or carry holders
- Involvement in wider ad hoc modelling related projects for the firm
- Relevant professional qualifications - ACA/CA, CFA or equivalent
- Private equity valuations experience essential (portfolio cos); strong technical skills (IPEV) and a proven background in analysing and interpreting company data
- Experience of carried interest tax valuations beneficial
- Advanced Excel user and experience in data analytics and other applications (eg: Anaplan, Power BI/ Tableau, iLevel) would be beneficial
- Strong interpersonal skills, approachable and adaptable personality and comfortable being in an autonomous and stand alone role (initially - this role may evolve into a line management position over time)
Salary on offer is pitched at £70-80k base (depending on experience) plus bonus in the region of 30-50%+.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.