A Market Risk Manager role has arisen within a leading international bank in Dublin. This bank a sought after employer due to their strong reputation and career development opportunities.
Key duties are as follows;
- Day to day oversight of market risk in the bank including Traded Products and CVA.
- Close co-operation with product market risk managers responsible for individual products, desks, and branches (currently 10 trading desks, multiple banking / accrual businesses and 22 branches).
- Assist with the development of a sustainable solution for the market risk elements of EBA stress testing which aligns with internal and regulatory reporting.
- Conduct analysis and proactively engage in the preparation of market risk components of ICAAP, Risk Appetite Statements, Stress Testing and other ad-hoc regulatory or legal entity governance projects drawing in appropriate regional/global market risk resources as required.
- Support Head of Market and Liquidity Risk in evaluating legal vehicle market risk controls and framework for any new business or strategic initiatives.
- Review market risk exposures in the context of limits, mandates and permitted product lists. Escalate any issues, with appropriate suggested mitigations, to Risk Senior Management.
- Assist with the delivery of market risk reports/commentary to the Board, Risk, ALCO and Market Risk Committees, Regulators and Senior Management.
- Assess market risk aspects of new products, working in close co-operation with senior business sponsors.
- Assist in ensuring that market risk component of relevant audits, inspections and reviews are completed successfully. Ensure that any market risk follow up actions raised by internal and external audits are diligently performed.
The ideal candidate will match the following description;
- Post-graduate education in Economic, Finance, Financial Risk Management, or other quantitative discipline.
- Some market risk experience in an international banking organisation with a diverse product set. Knowledge of liquidity risk and IRRBB would be advantageous.
- Ability to engage with Markets trading desks on relevant matters and enforce risk decisions in a relevant commercial manner while meeting regulatory and other requirements.
- Ability to readily partner with Trading, Business and Risk Management colleagues and at a regional level.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills (written / verbal).
- Experience in conducting analysis and reviews in market risk related topics.
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills. Sufficient grasp of relevant detail, to escalate when appropriate and to question uncertainties.
- Excellent teamwork and project management skills.
If you are interested in this role please apply below or contact me for more information
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.