Eames consulting are working closely with a large specialist insurance business to find a MI Analyst to join the Underwriting Insight & Pricing (UIP) business unit.
The purpose of this role is to act as a Trainee Analyst in a multi-disciplinary function which (may) encompass supporting the UIP Team in technical pricing, claims reserving, data analytics, visualisation and data administration. Under direction from the Manager (Pricing and/or Reserving) the primary role outcome is to support the enhancement of underwriting decisions to sustain and maximise underwriting performance.
What they are looking for:
- Strong 'A' levels or degree in mathematics, actuarial science, statistics or related field
- Ability to translate business requirements into practical solutions
- Able to communicate effectively with key stakeholders
- Analytical mind set with the ability to develop solutions necessary to solve complex problems
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, meeting common goals with colleagues across matrix environments
- Ability to plan and organise work to meet targets and deadlines
- Ability to use negotiation and persuasion in order to achieve solutions to complex situations, both internally and externally
- A degree of underwriting knowledge
This is a great opportunity to get a very broad understanding of various insurance lines and would also provide solid experience of the various data/rating requirements of different insurance lines and different types of analysis required for the differing lines.
If you are interested in this role please apply below or contact me for more information.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.