MI Analyst required for an insurance client in Central London.
The MI Analyst role is a critical role within insurance operations, responsible for supporting our client in the successful implementation of the MI strategy in support of their new operating model delivery.
- Provide the business community with data and reporting in order to manage, oversee and govern the business.
- Assist with data governance, data lineage, data validations and the data dictionary, also helping to establish and operate appropriate controls and reconciliations to ensure data integrity.
- Specify, develop, test and implement new reports, data extracts and applications in line with business requirements and data architecture framework.
- Produce regularly required reports/data extracts on behalf of the business community, sense checking and performing high level validation prior to publication
- Gather requirements for reports or data extracts and agree business specifications with the business community.
- Liaise with the Head of Data Management & Reporting and team colleagues to peer review the proposed solution to ensure that it doesn't already exist and either complies with or advances the architectural framework.
- Prioritise and communicate development to ensure that the business has a transparent view of priorities, progress and timescales.
- Develop technical specifications for reports, including aligning specifications to the data dictionary.
- Assist with regular reviews of the business's use of data, replacing (where possible) the use of Excel and Access manipulation with formal reports and extracts, and introduce automation where appropriate.
- Assist with the analysis of data / reporting issues, engaging with other teams, understanding and resolving issues at the root cause.
- Contribute to the data dictionary and data governance data flows and logs, ensuring they are up to date, complied with and appropriate.
- Ensure that all solutions contribute to the goal of full data lineage.
- Develop and maintain Power BI, SSRS reports and SSAS cubes (technology TBD)
- Full development life cycle - system test, peer review assist with UAT and roll out to the end user. Comply with and contribute to the standardisation of reporting in terms of format, definitions and specifications.
- Support "self-service" reporting with dashboards, SSAS and SQL, providing end-user training, troubleshooting and assistance.
- Undertake ad-hoc reporting on behalf of the business community, responding to urgent data/reporting needs effectively
- Ad-hoc SQL for analysis and investigation
- Stored Procedures for reporting and ETL.
- Awareness of indexing and best coding practices for performance tuning, scalability and ease of maintenance.
- Develop and document ETL packages to support the warehouse and other data-driven processes.
- Support the development of the warehouse to include new data sources and functionality using SQL, SSIS and SSAS.
- (Not essential) Develop internal client applications to support efficient business processes using Power Apps, Outsystems, etc
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 2 years Lloyd's insurance experience with one year in a broker, LLIMIT or ACII highly desirable.
- Knowledge of data warehouse design principles s4uch as Kimball
- Understanding of data warehouse concepts and structures, cubes and ETL processes
- Minimum 4 years' experience in management information / reporting related function.
- Proven track record of delivery to internal business community.
- Ability to communicate with a non-IT staff.
- Knowledge of SQL; SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS); SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS); SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS); .Net programming; Excel (advanced)
- Knowledge of Power BI and (ideally) Power Apps.
If you're interested in this position please email me with your most up to date CV and salary expectations.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.