Our client is one of the leading top tier Insurance Company globally and they are looking for an experienced Operational Risk Director to join their growing regional team. The role would focus on the regional operational risk function in line with the expectations set by the group to implement a robust operational framework and a strong operational risk culture across the region.
As a Director, you will be responsible for working with the regional team. Scoping out the most efficient and practical way to implement operational risk framework throughout the region and to ensure processes are sustainable once implemented.
- Support the design or enhance the operational risk policies to ensure the ERM framework is embedded in the business activities;
- Update the current risk assessment and control process which include risk appetite, tolerance and limits, and provide analysis and follow-up on the closure of related management actions and recovery plan;
- Perform risk and control review and evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of controls to determine the accuracy of data and the efficiency and security of information systems;
- Ensuring effective Implementation of risk management tools, applications and guidelines
- Enhancing a culture of Risk Management through building relationships with Senior Management and 1st line stake holders, facilitation of company level workshops, etc.
- Monitors progress in Risk Mitigation activities, create reports and feed back to management of the business unit, second line and Operational Risk functional line.
- Degree or above with major in Accounting, Finance, Economics or related discipline
- Minimum 8 years’ relevant Operational Risk experience in financial institution preferably Insurance
- Ability to analyze, collate and understand the business requirements
- Strong organizing and project management skills
- Ability to lead and drive projects and initiatives
- Self-motivated, proactive and able to work on own initiative
- A strong team player with good interpersonal skills who is able to work well with others
- High proficiency in spoken and written English and Chinese (Mandarin & Cantonese).
Key Personal Attributes:
- Team player
- Good listener and persuasive speaker
- Self-starter with strong organizational skills and work ethic
- Ability to prioritize, work independently, and exercise good judgment
- Proactive and solutions-oriented, able to think outside the box and make connections through lateral thinking
You will get:
- Be a part of a rapidly growing top tier Insurance
- Market leading benefits and package
- Fast growth opportunities