An International Boutique Asset Manager are recruiting for an Operational Risk Manager to join their global team on a permanent basis, based in London.
The Operational Risk Manager will be responsible for the developing, embedding and facilitating of a robust risk management and assurance framework within the EMEA Region.
Key duties are as follows:
- Equip the business with the relevant tools, information and materials to allow the business to make risk-based judgements and decisions in line with strategy, risk appetite, business opportunities and operations.
- Develop, maintain and facilitate the firm's risk management framework, policies and procedures.
- Manage oversight of business risks and controls including assurance activity, risk assessments and controls testing.
- Manage business risk reporting internally to appropriate boards and committees, and externally to clients, consultants and regulators.
- Presenting, developing and maintaining the organisation's global Risk Management Framework.
- Oversight of risks and issues, including independent review, assurance and timely reporting to key stakeholders (e.g. boards, committees, regulators), in relation to the effectiveness of the control environment.
- Coordinate and manage the effective recording, analysis and reporting of risk incidents.
- Contributing to the development of appropriate systems / tools to measure and report on key risk management metrics and support reporting to subsidiary boards, and leadership teams where appropriate.
- Developing and monitoring key risk indicators and scorecards for various risks and obligations to measure business performance against risk appetite.
- Assisting reporting, insight and information on the risk management performance of the EMEA region including the provision of recommendations and suggested improvements.
- Represent Risk Management team on projects and change initiatives, new product developments and client transitions, as required.
- Assist business stakeholders with design and implementation of operational best practice and process and control improvements.
- Deliver routine, themed and induction Risk Management training to staff, as required.
The ideal candidate will match the following description
- Sound Risk Management knowledge within the asset management industry, ideally within an international setting.
- Flexibility in approach, ability to adapt practices, effectively react to internal and external events and activities
- Willingness and 'can do' attitude to get involved in current, routine and new activities
- Achieve quick and considered decision making and embrace change.
- Pro-active approach to tasks and to be accountable and take ownership for things.
- Attention to detail and the ability to constructively resolve problems and improve processes and procedures
- Good judgement regarding prioritisation of tasks; taking the lead; and escalation
- Well-developed interpersonal skills - articulate and able to influence.
- Effective verbal and written communication.
- Advanced PC literacy, proficient in the use of all Microsoft applications
- All candidates must be able to work in the UK, e.g. fall within the European Economic Area, hold the necessary work permits or have the right of abode, evidence of which must be supplied.
If you are interested in this role please apply below or contact me for more information
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.