My client is a Corporate Bank looking to hire an Operational Risk specialist to assist the Head of Operational Risk to manage the full cycle of operational risk activities for the branch. As an Operational Risk Manager, you will be responsible to embed a culture of risk management across the bank.
You will be part of a lean operational risk team to assist in front-to-back operational risk activities within the region and will be responsible for:
- Developing and updating the Operational Risk Framework (ORF) to ensure that the internal policies reflect best practices within the APAC region
- Performing Risk & Control Self-Assessments (RCSAs) on a regular basis to ensure effectiveness of existing controls
- Identifying and analysing the Key Risk Indicators (KRIs) and ensure these are accurately captured in risk registers
- Monitoring and mitigating the identified medium/ high key risks on respective risk registers
- Working closely with 1st line operational risk/ business risk managers to ensure compliance with group ORF guidelines
- Continuously updating the ORF to reflect regulatory changes and be the main point of contact to mitigate control gaps
- Partnering with various business units to raise risk awareness and conduct trainings on a regular basis
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience in Operational Risk or Business Risk management; preferably in a Corporate/ Investment Bank at a Group level role
- Degree in Banking, Business, Accountancy or other relevant professional qualification
- Knowledge of the local MAS and the regional regulatory requirements
- Advantageous to have some exposure to Tech Risks
- Good communication skills with the ability to work independently
If you would like to find out more about this role, please click apply below or contact me for more information.
(EA: 16S8091/ R1436884)