Eames are working with a global insurer, looking to hire an Operational Underwriting Manager in a newly created role that will support the Head of Underwriting Governance and Performance. This is a broad role with strategic oversight across delegated authority, conduct risk, product governance, audit and wordings. Whilst it is not necessary for this person to have direct experience in all these areas, a strong working knowledge of the DUA market and FCA principles is essential. This person will also be leading a team of 12 with three direct reports, so previous experience in managing large teams is also advantageous.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Coordinate all functions within Operational Underwriting to create a consistent and robust operating model;
- Ensure the continual development of the Delegated Authority Framework, Product Governance Framework and underlying processes;
- Drive consistent best practices implementing suitable governance and oversight frameworks across all Operational Underwriting including Due Diligence, Audit, Consumer Wordings, Product Governance and Conduct Risk;
- To ensure the company consistently reviews and updates practices to protect the company while keeping in-line with the rest of the market;
- Work with the wider Underwriting Governance team to design consistent, timely and relevant reporting to management and committees as required;
Previous insurance experience is essential for this role.