Please note experience of working in a Property/Real Estate fund is essential. An established and growing boutique Property Asset Manager is looking to appoint an Operations Director to take responsibility for the operational and corporate administration functions of the business, its flagship Jersey-based fund and future fund ventures. This is an excellent opportunity to join a professional and well-funded real estate development, investment and asset management business and will require a focused, self-sufficient team player with a resourceful approach to a broad remit of business management work streams. Exposure to senior management, shareholders and investors will be gained from the outset along with exposure to a fast-paced entrepreneurial atmosphere with opportunity for rapid career development to COO for the right candidate.
- Take ownership for the operational venture management functions
- Manage all operational and administrative work streams with Jersey domiciled trustees
- Oversee fund administration and compliance to ensure smooth operation of investor approvals process and maintenance of fund documentation
- Take responsibility for corporate compliance with regard to the regulatory environment and corporate policies
- Lead the firms compliance and health and safety program, review and improve corporate policies, implement and maintain firm-wide governance initiatives
- Sit on the quarterly Risk Committee to report on all aspects of corporate risk controls
- Manage the FCA regulatory host; on-board in house FCA regulation house in due course
- Develop the Finance and Operations manual - an internal operating guide for best-in-class fund operations, governance and compliance
- Prepare documentation for the Board and other internal Committee meetings
- Take responsibility for operational elements of the office and human resources
- Oversee induction and required compliance training for all existing and new employees
- Recruit and manage additional operations team members when required
- Experience of working in a Compliance, Corporate Governance or Legal/Company Secretariat function within a Property or Real Estate Fund (essential)
- Full competence in Compliance / Corporate Risk Management with at least 5-8 years' experience or equivalent in a FCA regulated firm
- Strong communication, planning and organisational skills
- Exemplary communication skills, both verbal and written, along with the ability to work independently and with fellow employees across all levels as part of a transaction driven team to specific deadlines
Salary on offer is £100-120,000 base plus benefits and bonus. Please note this role is based in Central London with the client keen for people to be office based 3 to 4 days a week.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.