This role sits within the Real Estate and Infrastructure Operations Team. In this role you will be deputising for the Client Accounting Manager, aiding in the supervision of a team of Fund Accountants, co-ordination and review/approval of financial and management information and responsibility for Fund Accounting of Real Estate fund(s) Role Responsibilities
- Deputise for the Client Accounting Manager and aid in the supervision of a team of Fund Accountants.
- This includes recruitment and training, where required.
- To prepare and review monthly Management Accounts including the analysis and reconciliation of Balance Sheet and Income Statement General Ledger items and completing Net Asset Value computations for communication to the Clients Fund Accounting and Pricing teams.
- Produce and aid in reviewing monthly Management Information, including Liquidity Forecasts, Fund anayisis and Performance to both the external client and internal Investment Management teams.
- Complete the computation, general ledger reconciliation of quarterly VAT (Value Added Tax) returns and payment of sums payable to HMRC and aid in the checking and review.
- Aid in the monthly preparation, control and checking of accurate tax records of realised and unrealised CGT provisions, and control of property capital allowances, ensuring figures agree with third party records, and are appropriately communicated to agreed timescales.
- To provide information to the industry benchmark (MSCI) with regards to property valuations, capital expenditure, purchases and sales, rental and ERV data.
- Reconciliation of monthly, quarterly and annual performance statistics produced by MSCI.
- To administer and account for property purchases and sales including monitoring the VAT treatment of transactions, VAT options to tax, lawyer liaison, liaising with Taxation and provision of Capital Allowance information.
- To aid in the preparation and checking of annual statutory Financial Statements, including supporting documents/workings.
- To liaise with internal and external auditors to ensure audits are planned and executed accordingly and financial statements are distributed to interested parties in accordance with required timescales.
- Ensure continuous implementation and strict application of accounting standards and operational controls.
- Part/Fully Qualified Accountant - ACCA, CIMA or ACA
- Experience in a Financial Services environment Fund Accounting/Real Asset Fund Accounting experience
- Supervisory experience
- Management Accounting experience
- Clear and concise communicator with experience of working with colleagues at all levels
- Solid financial accounting skills, including ability to analyse and interpret variances
- Self-starter, deadline driven and can work on own initiative
- Client Focus driven with proven experience
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.