A pioneering Private Equity firm with an exceptional reputation is seeking to appoint a Portfolio Analyst into a newly created role. This crucial new position will be an essential point of contact and partner to the investment team, sitting in finance but supporting a busy and highly active front office with a mixture of data analysis, financial modelling and portfolio analytics. Whilst this role will offer phenomenal exposure to the deal life cycle, it's very much a front office support position aimed at someone coming from either a financial modelling, portfolio modelling / monitoring or ex-front office background.
Responsibilities will include:
- Working with the investment teams to build insightful analytics on portfolio companies which will include significant financial modelling
- Develop regular and ad hoc management information on the portfolio - from monitoring to scenario analysis, competitor analysis, market trends etc with the opportunity to offer input into investment evaluations
- Produce commentary and reports to tell the story behind models
- Business partner the investment team as well as IR as their "go to" analytics person and seeking to add value where possible
- Likelihood of being involved in lots of ad hoc project work related to modelling and/or data analytics
- Degree educated (or equivalent) with ideally formal qualifications, ie: ACA or CFA
- At least 5 years or equivalent experience in an analytical/quantitative role, preferably in private equity or buy side or alternatively from a large accounting firm
- Exceptional Excel skills and comfortable building financial models (ie: macros, VBA)
- Excellent communication skills; adept at writing analysis and commentary for senior stakeholders
- Happy and comfortable in a reasonably autonomous role that would work across finance and front office and require you to be proactive and inquisitive
Salary on offer is ~£80-90,000 plus benefits and exceptional bonus potential.
If you are interested in this position, please apply below or contact me for more information.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.