A vibrant up and coming venture capital firm is seeking to appoint a Portfolio Analyst into a newly created role. This crucial new position will be an essential point of contact and partner to the investment team, sitting in finance but supporting a busy and highly active front office with a mixture of data analysis and portfolio analytics. Whilst this role will offer phenomenal exposure to the deal life cycle, it's very much a front office support position aimed at someone coming from a transactions services team at a big accountancy practice.
Responsibilities will include:
- Working with the investment teams to build insightful analytics on portfolio companies
- Develop regular and ad hoc management information on the portfolio - from monitoring to scenario analysis, competitor analysis, market trends etc with the opportunity to offer input into investment evaluations
- Produce commentary and reports to tell the story behind models
- Business partner the investment team as well as IR as their "go to" analytics person and seeking to add value where possible
- Likelihood of being involved in lots of ad hoc project work
- Degree educated (or equivalent) with ideally formal qualifications, ie: ACA or CFA
- At least 4 years or equivalent experience in an analytical/quantitative role, preferably from a large accounting firm
- Advanced Excel skills are highly beneficial
- Excellent communication skills; adept at writing analysis and commentary for senior stakeholders
- Happy and comfortable in a reasonably autonomous role that would work across finance and front office and require you to be proactive and inquisitive
Package on offer is competitive, paying £60,000-75,000 with a discretionary bonus.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.