My client is an established Global Payments Company, looking for a strong Pre-Sales Consultant to join their brand with a unique service offering. With strong investors this company has continuously grown through Covid and has a strong presence.
To be successful you will need to be currently or recently working in the Online Payments / Card Issuing / Acquiring industry in some capacity. Ideally this will be in an integration, pre-sales, or project delivery capacity where you are customer facing and providing both consultative and hands-on technical services. You will also need to have non-technical payments domain knowledge in some capacity in order to maximize the opportunities and build successful relationships of trust with our largest customers. While not a sales role, a level of sales acumen is highly desirable for building trust with clients.
What will you be doing:
This varied role will offer you the chance to work with global clients and really up-skill and challenge yourself professionally
This is a lead position; working in-step with the clients international sales teams, you will be taking the regional lead in speaking to clients, largest PSPs in the payments industry, as well as multiple regional PSP customers and prospects on a daily basis. Although your conversions will be largely with regional contacts, your actions will have global impact supporting payments and explaining technical flows not only here in APAC, but all of our clients supported international markets.
The role also has part-time responsibility for providing operational excellence of the client’s platform. This means interfacing not only with clients, but with in-house Technical Operations (TechOps) team to provide monitoring, support and “run the business” support. This challenge provides the opportunity to learn the fine inner workings of the client’s platform to reflect expertise and knowledge when interacting with external customers. Overtime the in-house operational tasks will eventually become less of a focus as the local office sales cycle ramps up.
You will need to have:
- Consultative approach to problem solving
- Flexibility to coordinate work / stakeholders across multiple time zones whether in the office or on the road
- Experience in the payments industry (credit cards, gateways etc.) is highly desirable
- Experience with owning and leading technical portions of RFPs / RFIs
- Hands-on experience with APIs (ex: sample integrations, Postman experience etc.)
- HTTPS / SSL / Understanding of how SSL certificate management is undertaken
- Basic Knowledge & experience with SSH, SFTP, BASH, CSV files, etc
- Familiarity with AWS and what it means for clients
- Strong customer communication skills – expect to be challenged on how you present complex topics to stakeholders who may not immediately understand the concepts being presented
- Fluency in English and Mandarin a must