Eames are working closely with a large London market insurer to help grow their procurement division, this role specifically to there Supply Management function. This role is responsible for facilitating the effective management of our clients suppliers in order to maximise value and to mitigate operational risk.
What Will You Do?
- Contributing towards the continued development of a best in class global strategic procurement function with the long-term vision to deliver an effective and sustainable approach to all third-party sourcing and supplier management
- Supporting the implementation and delivery of a supplier performance management programme to ensure adherence to contractual obligations, KPIs and SLAs and to develop other aspects of the supplier relationship. Duties will include:
- Conducting supplier reviews (Critical and Strategic Suppliers)
- Oversight of Business Unit supplier management (Operational Suppliers)
- Resolution of low-risk issues
- Review risk mitigation activity with Supplier Management staff.
- Building effective partnerships with designated business areas and key suppliers
- Providing support with all pre and post award contract management activities
What You'll Need
- Strong commercial instinct and communication skills
- Excellent negotiation and analytical skills
- Understanding of risks and issues that impact the supply management process
- Strong IT skills, in particular Excel, Word and SharePoint
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good organisational skills and ability to multi task
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Results orientated
This person will need to be able to manage a dynamic workload and should have strong experience of managing suppliers and contracts within a procurement function. If this role does sound applicable to your skill set and you'd wish to find out more, please send an up to date CV across for review.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.