A Product Owner is required within a leading insurance firm to help drive forward some of their most challenging and interesting projects.
- Collaborates with the Chief Product Owners (CPO) to create product vision and alignment with strategic priorities with stakeholders. Contributes to the development of the program vision.
- Communicates product and portfolio vision to their team.
- Manages product(s) with a moderate degree of strategy, scope, and complexity.
- Owns and maintains the product backlog and is accountable for its contents and prioritization.
- Collaborates with more senior Product Owners to set priorities for program quarterly planning.
- Sets expectations with stakeholders for delivery of new capabilities, features, and functionalities. Participates in team demos, retrospectives, and all other ceremonies.
- Works daily with the agile working group, clarifying business requirements, removing roadblocks, constantly communicating, and supporting alignment around product strategy.
- Collaborates with technology and business leadership to align development and business goals and priorities while working with stakeholders and squad/team to remove roadblocks to execution. Resolves open issues/questions quickly and efficiently.
- Monitors and maintains the product health, supporting long-term product viability and efficiency, and balancing long and short term and costs with desired outcomes.
- Analyzes and reports on feasibility, cost of delay ramifications, economies, or other aspects of planned or potential changes to the product.
- Collaboratively builds the squad/team product roadmap, contributes to strategy inputs from stakeholders. Contributes to program level planning.
- Influences stakeholder expectations for delivery of new capabilities, features, and functionalities.
- Work with the Chief Product Owner to ensure that the delivery team has the technical capability to deliver the product, including areas such as testing, user research, UX etc.
- Works with the Chief Product Owners and other Product Owners to support the agile transformation programme.
- Exposure to Internet and Intranet products such as Sharepoint on-line, Drupal platform and Content Management Systems
- Considerable relevant industry or functional experience in insurance
- Strong communication, presentation and leadership skills
- Agile practitioner capabilities and experience working with or in Agile teams
- Ability to influence the direction and thinking of senior stakeholders
- Ability to understand strategic needs whilst focusing on the customer
If this role could be of interest to you, please apply with an up to date version of your CV.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.