My client provide independent pensions, investments, benefits and risk consulting services, as well as data and technology solutions, to employers, trustees and financial services institutions.
They are seeking an experienced Project Manager to work with cross-functional teams across the firm on a variety of projects, ensuring an efficient service to all existing, new and potential clients.
- Overall responsibility for the day to day management of a portfolio of client projects of varying sizes, complexity and length.
- Working with clients and lead consultants to agree the strategic objectives of the project, overall scope and to ensure that specific project and client requirements are considered
- Working with clients to establish and embed effective project governance and associated reporting requirements for a range of stakeholders
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Ongoing monitoring of project plans, ensuring on time, on budget and within scope.
- Managing key stakeholders and monitoring/implementing stakeholder management plans
- Conducting initial risk assessment and the effective management of project risks and issues throughout the project lifecycle as well as implementing risk mitigation actions
- Use of appropriate project management techniques and ongoing development of these.
- Chairing and overseeing client project meetings, including project team meetings, project board meetings and steering meetings.
- Use of appropriate verification techniques to manage change to scope, schedule and/or costs
- Responsible for the continued monitoring of actual spend against budget and the effective management of overspend (if and when required)
- Supporting Senior Project Managers and other colleagues in account development of existing clients.
- Assisting in the mentoring and coaching of staff.
- Possible line management responsibilities
- Acquiring and maintaining a solid understanding of the firm's products and services.
- Flexibility to travel to clients and our other offices.
- Adhering to the firm's Information Security standards, policies and procedures.
Please note that this role may require you to undertake projects which require periods of time to be spent on client sites around the UK or involve travel on a regular basis away from home office
Qualifications and Experience
Ideally you will have 3-5 years experience managing projects within a financial services/insurance company, management consultancy or blue chip company or simmilar.
- Well-developed knowledge of project management techniques
- Significant experience of managing multiple, complex projects successfully
- PRINCE II or equivalent or experience of managing projects using PRINCE methodology
- Knowledge of relevant software packages
- Financial services experience would be advantageous
- Degree educated prefered
- Proven client facing consulting & communication skills
- Able to work effectively as part of a cross-functional team, at times as a leader
- Solid organisational skills including multi-tasking skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work in fast paced environments with challenging stakeholders
- Ability to motivate key stakeholders
- Strong commercial awareness
- Able to plan, prioritise and re-prioritise effectively
- Able to work in partnership with others to establish needs.
- An enthusiasm for keeping up to date with developments in the employee benefits arena
What you can expect:
You can expect the following with full study support where applicable, a share of the firm's profits, good work life balance, ability to buy and sell holidays, your birthday off and huge array of other flexible benefits. The firm is committed to the personal and career development of all employees and this position offers excellent growth potential within a dynamic and growing organisation.
- A highly competitive salary
- Award Winning Benefits package
- Shared Values - Confident, Friendly, Partnering & Straightforward
- Exceptional learning & development opportunities
- An excellent working environment with a strong social scene
- Opportunities to give back through volunteering initiatives
If you are interested in this role please apply below or contact me for more information.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.