My client is an international general insurance and reinsurance group specialising in commercial insurance.
This role is based in London reporting to the IT Product Manager within the Information Technology department.
The purpose of the role is to deliver change projects within the Strategic Change Portfolio, in conjunction with relevant Business Sponsors, either as standalone entities or as part of larger programmes.
The successful candidate will be working with, and matrix managing, teams and budgets of various sizes as individual projects dictate (typically in the region of 2-20 people and up to £2m). They may also be responsible for line management activities, including recruitment and appraisals.
- Delivery of IT change projects as mandated and directed by the Strategic Change Board (SCB)
- Project Management following the company's Project Methodology guidelines and project governance framework - the individual must be capable of managing a number of concurrent smaller projects as well as managing larger strategic projects
- Managing overall project budgets and timescales according to requirements within defined scope
- Developing project plans specifying goals, strategy, staffing, scheduling, identification of risks, contingency plans and allocation of available resources
- Identifying and schedules project deliverables, milestones and required tasks
- Directing and co-ordinating activities of project team members to ensure project progresses on schedule and within budget
- Ensuring deliverables are produced to required levels of quality
- Tracking progress against expected benefits to ensure that those benefits are still achievable. Preparing project status reports to keep management and stakeholders informed of project progress and related issues Co-ordinating and responding to requests for changes from original specifications
- Working with third party suppliers and managing supplier relationships to ensure delivery to contractual requirements
- Working closely with company's outsourcing partner to procure and utilise services and resources in support of project delivery
- Preparing project status reports and keeping senior management and stakeholders informed of project status and related issues
- Co-ordinating and responding to requests for changes from original specifications
- Adhering to project governance and supporting PSO in the delivery of the overall portfolio
- Responsible for defining scope, deliverables, timescales and budgets for individual projects
- Responsible for driving through actions to resolve issues and mitigate risks escalating key risks and issues to the project sponsor and working with the sponsor to achieve a resolution
In the role, employees will be expected to act with integrity, act with due skill, care and diligence, be open and co-operative with Lloyd's, the FCA, the PRA, and other regulators, pay due regard to the interests of customers and treat them fairly, and observe proper standards of market conduct.
Education, Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Experience of managing third party supplier relationships and familiarity with outsource arrangements
- Full knowledge of current IT technologies and able to discuss and explain to Stakeholders with limited technical knowledge
- Authority and skill to establish good working relationships and influence decisions at the most senior levels within the company
- Takes the initiative when appropriate and ensures that the correct people are involved to reach a suitable decision
- Team player, who is adaptable, understands the organisational needs and is able to manage and motivate a team comprised of individuals with diverse skills and differing needs. Establishes and maintains good working relationships with colleagues in the IT department
- Negotiation and facilitation skills to challenge where appropriate but to strive to reach decisions that are acceptable to all parties
- Shares information and knowledge with colleagues
- Self-motivated and resilient and able to operate independently
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Well organised, realistic and reliable
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies
- The successful candidate will have experience working end-to-end on long term, complex projects
- This role is within the insurance space so experience within insurance, either through direct employment, consultancy or similar will be considered highly advantageous
- Prince2 or a similar recognised Project management qualification
- Degree Level education
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.