The role is to support the changes required for implementation of the new financial reporting and consequently the associated systems updates required for this.
The role will more be targeted towards supporting changes to the global IBNR reserves in order to meet new US GAAP reporting requirements. It would involve building, testing and rolling out new system solutions within the Prophet model. It would also include financial impact analysis from system and methodology changes made, and would involve working closely with L&H IT team, regional actuarial teams, and other project teams on a regular basis.
- Extensive development, testing and use of Prophet modelling software suite, specifically DCS, PP, PE, PRD, IDR and PE
- Experience of using Prophet GI Reserving Library is preferred.
- Knowledge of IBNR reserving (either Life and Health or General Insurance) is preferred.
- Communicate effectively, both written and verbal, with an ability to work with stakeholders spread over several locations.
- Ensure that specifications received from analysis team are translated into detailed technical specifications and implemented in to the Prophet model in a controlled, auditable and robust manner.
- Clearly evidence sound knowledge of actuarial principles applied to the reinsurance / insurance industry.
- Part qualified/qualified actuary preferred, but is not a pre-requisite if extensive experience L&H modelling is presented.
- Ability to work independently and with a solution focused attitude.
If you are interested in this role, please apply below or contact me for more information.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.