Global Investment Bank is currently searching for an experienced valuation controller with proven prudent valuation knowledge to join their London team. This role is the first hire in a newly created division for the bank and will focus on PruVal Methodologies across all asset classes.
- Development and drafting formal PruVal policies, technical papers and governance documents
- Defining and developing practical PruVal controls that can be implemented
- Key point of escalation with regards to any PruVal methodology item
- Responsible for identifying Pruval methodology issues that may require attention with critical analysis of the issues involved
- Lead PruVal initiatives, and develop and propose solutions to complex technical challenges or control issues
- Enhancement and effective management of the valuation control group and governance framework associated with PruVal
- Valuation Control experience gained in either a line or valuation methodology role in your current role
- Strong understanding of PruVal regulatory requirements and practical implementation
- Excellent understanding of current global accounting and regulatory developments relating to fair and prudent valuation of financial instruments
- Proven experience in designing and maintaining a robust control framework
- Hands-on experience of implementing new or enhancing existing valuation methodologies.
- Strong understanding of valuation techniques for fair-valued instruments, with a focus on complex / exotic derivatives
- Strong academic background - ideally MSc/CFA Qualified
This role involves daily interaction with key stakeholders and business heads across the global offices and it is therefore essential the candidate has strong interpersonal skills. The role offers realistic opportunities for career progression as the newly founded team continues to grow as a dedicated SME in the valuation methodology space.
If you are interested in this role, please apply below or contact me for more information.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.