My Client is an insurance company that's helped people solve important problems for almost a century. They've long been known for our technical expertise, and creating innovative solutions for new and developing areas of risk that our clients may face.
The Investments AI team supports this ethos by developing AI-first products - that is, apps and services that use machine learning to inform and assist their users - for their insurance and investments businesses.
Our mission to create a safer world through the power of AI is achieved mainly through:
- The incubation of disruptive innovation via our diverse team of scientists, engineers, and designers who work collaboratively.
- AI, ML and NLP R&D contribution, including publications in top conferences and journals.
- The provision of machine learning advisory and consulting to their global businesses.
- Our solutions and innovations aim to reinvent their internal processes, improve their offerings, and ultimately disrupt the industry.
- As a critical role in Investment AI's success, we're looking to hire frontend developers to join our team and contribute to the development of the algorithmic core of a series of exciting new products and projects.
- Based from our London office, this is an exceptional opportunity for those who want to enjoy state-of-the-art R&D and be challenged and grow as a frontend developer. Along the way, this role will contribute to game-changing products that use their global network to deliver impact and change.
Responsibilities and Performance Objectives:
- Take ownership of a significant part of the team's solution development
- Demonstrate end-to-end understanding of applications being created
- Translate user stories and wireframes into a reliable, responsive experience
- Contribute to peer review process to ensure code quality
Both senior candidates (i.e., with years of experience / leadership) and junior candidates are welcome to apply; we have and will offer positions appropriate to expertise and level of experience.
The minimum required skills include:
- Demonstrated experience writing extensible frontend code using React and Redux
- Solid grasp of the web fundamentals (e.g. ES6, HTML, CSS extensions such as SASS) Demonstrated experience interpreting user journeys and UI Designs - seeking clarification where necessary
- Demonstrated experience with UI testing frameworks (e.g. Jasmine, PhantomJS, Jest and others) Experience working with Agile methods based on fast iteration and validation cycles
- Good communication skills and be a team player
- Great attention to detail
An ideal candidate (is not required to, but) will also have:
- Experience using ESRI ArcGIS SDK
- Have an understanding of visual design principles and rapid prototyping skills
- Understanding of accessibility best practices
- Portfolio of past experience (e.g. Blogs, Talks, contributions to Open Source)
Please aqpply below or get in touch directly to have a confidential discussion.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.