Our client is looking to hire an underwriter in the Real Estate team based in London. The Real Estate team deal with Global and specialist independent brokers, all of whom operate in the diverse and unique London market.
You will deal with the new business and renewals for national & non-national brokers on a large book of business. Some of the responsibilities will include
- Delivering planned financial results through the effective underwriting of cases
- Contributing to the loss ratio control by effectively adhering to branch underwriting controls
- Building effective trading relationships with brokers through trading activity - being recognised as a positive trading partner
- Identifying poorly performing accounts and investigating reasons for lack of retention
- Contributing to the improvement of profitability by implementing actions agreed with brokers to improve account performance
- Contributing to the development of colleagues by coaching and acting as a reference point - assisting in decision making within empowerment
You will need to have technical Real Estate knowledge and a good understanding of the insurance market and processes across commercial lines insurance operations. You will need to display pragmatic decision making and good analytical and numerical reasoning skills.
If you are interested in this role, please apply below or contact me for more information.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.