Regional Accountant - Insurance - £70,000 - £75,000
Expanding international Managing General Agent Insurer specialising in the underwriting of representations & warranties, tax liability and contingent liability is currently searching for a Commercial Accountant to join their European team. This role has been newly created as a result of growth in their UK and European operations Rand will be their first finance hire in this country.
- Developing, producing, analysing, and distributing accurate and timely reports including account current, production, revenue, rolling and carrier required reports for assigned entities.
- Processing month end closing for assigned entities.
- Assisting Controller with financial statements, budgets, internal and carrier audits and board reports for assigned entities.
- Processing, reviewing, and approving carrier payments for assigned entities in accordance with carrier agreements.
- Completing and reviewing bank reconciliations for assigned entities in accordance with carrier agreements.
- Acting as liaison for assigned entities (UK and European) to escalate billing, payable, audit, tax and reporting issues.
- Fully Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA)
- Insurance industry experience essential (Carrier, Broker, or MGA) or Insurance Audit experience.
- Knowledge of UK GAAP essential. Knowledge of European IFRS desired.
- Familiarity with accounting systems (GL).
- Above average mathematical skills with strong analytical abilities.
- Ability to function independently and as a member of a team spread across the globe. This role will be in London though part of a larger US-based accounting team.
As the first UK finance hire, the role requires somebody who is comfortable working independently and with managing key stakeholders. This is a key position for a growing company that is also able to provide an excellent package, hybrid working and realistic opportunities along a path to UK Head of Finance.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.