A leading international insurer is seeking a Regional Engineering Underwriter to join their team.
- Underwrite new and renewal accounts to meet top and bottom line targets (local and regional), analyse statistics related to loss ratios and prepare rating manual
- Manage the operation of Engineering (including Business Development and Underwriting) to operate profitably and effectively
- Maintain close business relationships with engineering, distributors & internal business partners to ensure retention of profitable business as well as continuing flow of favourable business opportunities
- Liaise with distribution, claims, actuarial, accounting, IT and legal departments as appropriate
- University graduate or equivalent insurance professional qualifications
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in General Insurance underwriting, preferably across Construction and Engineering lines
- Strong analytical, numeracy and literacy skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Good command of both written and spoken English, Mandarin and Cantonese
If you are interested in this role, please apply below or contact me for more information.