Due to an internal promotion this leading global insurer is seeking a seasoned risk professional to lead their regional function.
Reporting to the regional CRO the head of operational risk will head up a team that is responsible for all operational risk and ERM related matters across the region.
The role holder will build and run an effective enterprise risk management & governance framework in the region to identify, monitor, manage and report operational risk to the local & regional CEO and group CRO in both a backward and forward looking perspective.
The key to success in this role is the ability to gather and translate the risk data into meaningful insights for senior stakeholders.
Key responsibilities include
- To identify, measure, monitor and manage operational risks embedded into the firm's businesses by developing a sound, open and proactive risk culture, working closely with Country CRO’s and functional units while assisting the management to minimise losses and negative outcomes arising from operational risks.
- Ensure compliance with the group standards & regulatory requirements in terms of establishing an effective and comprehensive enterprise risk management framework.
- Facilitate the annual risk assessment for each country in the region: conduct risk assessment workshops with country CEO and team, provide guidance to Country CRO’s.
- Perform deep dive analysis, on an ad hoc basis, into specific areas of interest or concern.
- Run the loss data collection activities for the region.
- Strengthen 3 lines of defence and promote risk awareness culture.
Experience and qualifications required
- Over 10 years experience working in the insurance industry.
- Experience working in both a local country and regional office.
- Recent experience must be at the senior manager level, ideally country level CRO or direct report to a regional CRO.
- Experience operating in or managing JV’s an advantage.
- Technical knowledge of operational risk management tools and its application within the industry sector.
- Ability to operate and lead in an evolving, often ambiguous environment.
- Cultural awareness and close working with local teams across Asia and group head office.
- Experience managing and running teams, particularly during times of change.
- First class analytical and practical problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to present complex issues in a quick and simple manager, often to non-technical senior management and CEO’s.
If you are interested in this role please apply below or contact me for more information.